Terms and conditions
Operation of the house
The daily rate includes:
- Breakfast from 8:00 to 10:00;
- Free internet and wifi;
- Plugs for 110 and 220 volts.
- Reception opening hours: from 8:00 to 22:00. In case of an emergency please call 21 98425-2244.
- Utilization of the open shared areas:
- kitchen, dining and living room (annex building), library, frigobar, terraces: 24 hours a day;
- whoever uses the kitchen is responsible for cleaning it up
- Barbecue grill: from 10:00 to 22:00.
- Music room: from 10:00 to 22:00.
- Attention: be sure to check early if the area is available, it may be being used by other guests.
- For an extra cleaning there will be charged an additional tax.
- Washing machine: each washing cycle costs R$ 15,-
- Check-in: from 14:00 to 22:00;
- Check-out: until 11:00 (delays will be extra charged);
- Early check-in with breakfast: R$ 50,- per person
- Late check-out: R$ 50,- per person
- Each guest gets 2 keys: one for the room and another for the entrance door. There is no 24-hours-service in the house. With the keys the guests are free to come and go.
- The loss of keys will be charged with R$ 50,-
- Animals are not allowed.
- Accessibility: a lift in the main building simplifies the access to all floors and the roof terrace, making it easier for disabled and/or elder people to move around. Some of the rooms are also appropriately equipped.
- Children: at the reservation it is possible to ask for a baby bed and/or a changing table. Family- and child-comfort are very important issues to us. Toys and games are available.
- Maximum 1 baby bed per room. It should be ordered previously, at the moment of a reservation. Make sure about the room capacity for that.
- The additionals of consumption or any extras will be charged at the check-out, as well as the total amount of all costs.
- Any amounts of eventual tours or other activities organized by Casa Babilônia are to be payed previously.
Sustainability and courtesy:
- When leaving the room, we kindly ask the guests to make sure that the air conditioned and all the lights are turned off, as well as the taps and the shower. The shared bathrooms are to be kept in a way so that others feel well.
- When using the air conditioned, make sure to close doors and windows of the room.
- We kindly ask all the guests to respect the night rest time 22:00.
- Please let used towels on the floor if you wish them to be exchanged, we will do this for you. According to Casa Babilônia’s sustainability policy the towels will be exchanged only when asked for. Nature says thank you.
- The keys have to be returned to the reception at the check-out. The loss of any key must be informed and will be charged with R$ 50,
- We don’t answer for any money or valuables kept in the rooms or open areas of the hostel. The guests themselves are responsible for their things. Please lock the suitcases whenever leaving the room.
- Smoking is not allowed in the inner areas of the hostel. Any violation of this rule will be sanctioned with R$ 80,-
- The guests must know that the loss or damage by misuse or carelessness of objects of the house is to be reimbursed at the current market price.
- Forgotten items will not be sent to the owner.
- It is not allowed to hang up clothes on windows, balconies or terraces. There are special drying areas for it; please informe yourselves.
- Any borrowed item from the house must be returned to the reception in the same condition and functionality it was handed out. Otherwise there will be a fee of R$ 80,-
- Each room and/or suite is planned for a certain number of occupants. The presence of strangers or non-paying people in the rooms is absolutely forbidden.
- Carrying or using any kind of weapon is definitely not allowed in the hostel. Arms or similars have to be handed out to the reception.
- Please don’t throw paper or any other things in the toilet. There are special recipients next to it.
- We kindly ask not to use the towels to clean shoes, otherwise an extra washing will be charged.
- It is not allowed to use any hi-fi or sound system in the whole area of the hostel, neither any singing, drumming or jam sessions. Furthermore, we ask the guests to mind any noise near the rooms: on the terraces, the garden or the parking areas.
- Eating&drinking in the rooms: the guests are responsible for any stains or damages on linen, towels, sofas or curtains. In case of an accident, the guest will be charged with the laundry costs.